Find it Fast
Director of Technology
Job description snapshot:
- Responsible for the support and service of all technology-related aspects of the district to include; computers, network infrastructure, data systems, educational and digital learning systems, software, servers, telephone communications, security cameras, etc.
- Supervises Technology Department in supporting and serving district needs specific to technology, educational technology, and media services
- Oversees all data systems and processes to include the student information system and the accounting and HR employee system
- Oversees all technology communication systems to include telephones, email and collaboration systems, as well as network services and Internet access
- Responsible for developing vision with technology in the form of a technology plan and ensuring the district maintains up to date with instructional technology practices
- Manages all technology budgetary items for the district including district wide instructional software, infrastructure purchases, endpoint devices and more
- Responsible for ensuring the district appropriately utilizes the E-Rate program
- Ensures industry best practices are implemented and followed for cyber security, data backup and restoration, and student data privacy
Summary of Functions:
The Director of Technology is responsible for planning, directing, and executing all the district’s Technology programs and activities. This position functions as a collaborative strategic business partner within the organization by aligning technology resources and strategies to help achieve the Districts goals, manage the activities and operations of the department, develop operational guidelines and recommend policies, and prepare and implement a technology plan. This position also provides leadership for the district in technology.