Find it Fast
Director of Human Resources
Job description snapshot:
- Assist Executive Director of Human Resources in administering HR functions including recruiting and retention, benefits, labor law, employee relations, workplace investigations, progressive discipline, contract interpretation and enforcement
- Serve as resource to administrators and other staff for personnel management issues and compliance with board policy and negotiated agreements
- Serve as chief spokesperson and negotiator for classified and unrepresented employee groups
- Ensure equal access and non-discrimination practices in accordance with the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Administer district 504 compliance
- Process union grievances, employee complaints and other employee concerns in accordance with District policy and federal and state law
- Enforce workplace policies, identify employee concerns, investigate complaints, and assist building administration in resolving workplace issues and conflict
- In charge of maintaining and updating job descriptions for all personnel
- Oversee District Benefits programs. Work with staff, vendors, and broker to ensure quality products and service for employees. Assist in oversight of unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, etc.
Summary of Functions:
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for assisting in the management of all HR operations within the district including developing and implementing human resources policies, practices, and procedures; certified and classified employee relations issues and practices; employment investigations; facilitating the processes of litigation, EEOC, Fair Labor Standards, ADA, and various employee/association grievances; and assisting in the administration of labor relations and collective bargaining contracts for assigned areas of responsibility.