Find it Fast
- Minnequa Elementary
Return to Headlines
20th ANNUAL STEM FAIRS RESULTS
Presented by District 60, Bechtel Pueblo Team, Colorado State University Pueblo, and TRANE, the 2022 Southern Colorado Regional and Pueblo D60 Elementary STEM Fairs were staged Tuesday at Central High School.
Individually and in teams, scholars from Baca, Bradford, Belmont, Bessemer Academy, D60 Online, Franklin, Highland Park, PSAS, South Park and Sunset Park created entries in two categories: Scientific Method and Engineering Projects.
Serving as judges were representatives of D60, Bechtel National, Black Hills Energy, CSU Pueblo, MGA Pediatric Homecare, Pueblo Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant, The Space Foundation, TRANE, and the Air Force Academy.
SCIENTIFIC METHOD PROJECTS
1) What’s Poppin’? by Madilynn Nicholas (Sunset Park)
2) Insulators by Logan Mandarich and Dominick Posa (Sunset Park)
3) How Many Licks? by Mehlia Mihelich (South Park)
1) Mechanical Weathering by Lilianna Inguito-Jaramillo, Gabriella Torres, Jaliyah Archuletta and Rosemary Salas (Bessemer Academy)
2) Chemical Weathering by Alyiah Cortez, Miah Gomey, Da’Moni Lopez and Miracle Montano (Bessemer Academy)
3) Mechanical Weathering by Savannah Guerrero Hiler, Anabelle Lopez, Xaviour Vasquez (Highland Park)
1) The Electrical Conductivity by Kinnidy Duran (Sunset Park)
2) Eggs Can Float by Elias Pompia (South Park)
3) Does Color Affect Taste? By Eddy Richardson (Franklin)
Which Foil Turns on the Lights? by Nicolas Falbo (Sunset Park)
The Best Paper Towel! By Kiana Bethea (Sunset Park)
1) Blimp 101 by Lucas Cservenak and Moses Durgal (Belmont)
2) Let There by Light by Manuel Plantcarte, Tobin Abbort and Kimberly Garcia (Baca)
3) Power Under Water by Aiden Sanchez, Emiliano Aragon, Jose Portvgez (Baca)
3) Homeless Hunger Helper by Bronwyn Heersink, Christiana Adakai-Smith, Greta Yoder, Phillip Haslar (PSAS)