Bessemer Academy Title I Information
What does that mean for me?
It means that we receive Federal Funding (approximately $266k for the 2020-2021 school year) to support our students due to our high population of families who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
How is that money spent?
We use it to provide additional staff to support students in the classroom, academic materials, intervention supports, and field trips.
What else does it mean?
It means that parents have the right to request information on teacher's qualifications including their state licensing criteria, their status, their certification, content areas, and the certifications of paraprofessionals, etc.
How can parents be involved?
Parents can join our Family Engagement Committee and can have input in our Title I Compact, decisions, etc.
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
Angela Garcia, Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pauline Eltagonde Family Engagement Coordinator - email@example.com
PARENTS RIGHT TO KNOW:
- Parents of all children in all Title 1 schools have the right to request and receive timely information on the professional qualifications of their children's classroom teachers.
- Whether the teacher has met state qualifying and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher is teaching.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency or another provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
- The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher, and any other graduate certificate or degree held by the teacher, including the field of discipline of the certificate or degree.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications