Our requirements are based on comfort, modesty, safety, and consistency of expectations for a learning environment.
The following MAY NOT be worn to school:
- Short shorts or skirts (desirable length is no more than two inches above the knee). Shorts will only be allowed in the 1st and 4th quarters of school.
- Fishnet or see-through clothing
- Tank tops, muscle shirts, or shirts with large armholes.
- Large drooping necklines or armholes
- Small strap tops or dresses or sunsuits
- Sagging pants or shorts
- Belts that hang low toward the knees
- Clothing with language or graphics considered offensive
- Makeup, such as eye shadow or lipstick and anything considered inappropriate by the teacher or principal
- Any other clothing considered distracting to learning by the school staff.
- Heelies Tight-fitting shorts and pants, such as Lycra, knit, and stirrups are acceptable if worn under other clothing. Hats, hoods, kerchiefs, gloves, sunglasses, and other outdoor items may be worn to school but may not be worn in the building. They may be worn during recess when the weather makes them necessary.
**It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian and student to read the district’s dress code policy (See SC&DC File: JICA) and to know what it is.