No Uniforms This Year!!
Students will NOT be required to wear a school uniform for the 2022-23 school year. We will continue to follow the District 60 dress code policy.
*It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian and student to read the district’s dress code policy (See SC&DC File: JICA) and to know what it is.
If your student is unable to meet the uniform requirement on any day, please contact the office that morning at 549-7570. If you are having trouble acquiring the necessary uniform, please contact our Community Advocate at 549-7570.
All D60 students are expected to abide by the following general guidelines:
- Students must wear a top, bottom, and hard-sole footwear while on school premises.
- Students may not wear gloves or sunglasses while inside a school building.
- Students may not wear head coverings except for religious or documented medical purposes.
- Whether standing or sitting, items must cover underclothing, shoulders, back, genitals, buttocks, stomach, and chest.
- Items must be opaque.
The following items of clothing are specifically prohibited:
- Items that make the student unidentifiable (except as a religious observation).
- Items that contain sexually suggestive language or messages that is prohibited by the student code of conduct.
- Items that could be used as weapons, including items with spikes or chains, or items that could be used to conceal weapons.
- Items that promote illegal activity for students including drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons and/or gang affiliation, or violent conduct.
- Items that depict hate speech, intimidation, or intolerance toward protected groups that is prohibited by the student code of conduct.