Students must abide by the following general guidelines:
1. Students must wear a top, bottom, and hard-sole footwear while on school premises
2. Students may not wear gloves or sunglasses while inside a school building.
3. Students may not wear head coverings except for religious or documented medical purposes.
4. Whether standing or sitting, items must cover underclothing, shoulders, back, genitals, buttocks,
stomach, and chest.
5. Items must be opaqueStudents may not wear:
1. Items that make the student unidentifiable (except as a religious observation)
2. Items that contain sexually suggestive language or messages that is prohibited by the student code
3. Items that could be used as weapons, including items with spikes or chains, or items that could be
used to conceal weapons.
4. Items that promote illegal activity for students including drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons and/or
gang affiliation, or violent conduct.
5. Items that depict hate speech, intimidation, or intolerance toward protected groups that is
prohibited by the student code of conduct.Penalties in accordance with School Board policy (JICA).
Penalties for violations of this policy shall be as follows:
1st offense: The student shall be warned, educated about this policy and provided an opportunity to
correct the violation.
2nd offense: One day of in-school suspension may be imposed. The parent/guardian and student shall
be required to review and sign a statement indicating their understanding of this policy.