Approaches to Learning
What are the approaches to learning (ATL)?
ATL are deliberate strategies, skills and attitudes that permeate the IB teaching and learning environment.
ATL supports the IB belief that a large influence on a student's education is not only what you learn but also how you learn.
What are the IB approaches to learning skills?
1. Thinking skills
2. Communication skills
3. Social skills
4. Self-management skills
5. Research skills
The IB approaches to teaching skills are...
1. based on inquiry
2. focused on conceptual understanding
3. developed in local and global contexts
4. focused on effective teamwork and collaboration
5. differentiated to meet the needs of all learners
6. informed by formative and summative assessment