Parent/Child Reunification Process
In the event of an early dismissal due to an emergency situation, District 60 will employ a “reunification process” to ensure that students are safely returned to their parent or guardian. The reunification process is designed with student safety in mind.
Before the reunification process:
- Students are taken to a safe reunification area under adult observation. The area may be inside the school, or at an external location previously communicated to parents and guardians.
When a reunification process is active, parents and guardians are asked to:
- Follow directions. Greeters will be on-site to explain the reunification process.
- Have a photo ID or be prepared to verify their custody rights over the child.
- Fill out a Reunification Card.
- Wait patiently while your child is retrieved from the reunification area.