Education Foundation, Inc.
Mission and Purpose
The mission and purpose of the Pueblo School District 60 Education Foundation, Inc. is to seek financial support for the enrichment and improvement of the overall quality of life in our community through investments in educational programs that will assist our children to achieve their full potential
Board of Directors
Dr. Henry Roman
Click here or the icon on the right of this page to be directed to a secure website where you can enter your information. Donations in any amount are appreciated and go directly towards funding the Teacher Grants our Foundation supports. You can support the Pueblo School District 60 Education Foundation by mailing in a check to the address included below. Donations should be made payable to the D60 Education Foundation.
D60 Employees may take advantage of monthly payroll deductions
For more information, please contact:
Programs funded by the Education Foundation are not normally supported by tax dollars
It is the District 60 Education Foundation’s objective to:
- Solicit the involvement of the Pueblo community – including the educational, business professional, corporate, and alumni communities – to provide educational enrichment opportunities for the children of Pueblo.
- We believe this is best done through the awarding of grants to teachers in hopes of encouraging the innovative professional development not ordinarily supported through regular funding sources.
- Through an application process, grants are awarded to those teachers whose projects and/or educational concepts best facilitate achievement of the District 60 mission and its goals, and best encourage student excellence and achievement. Since its launch, the Foundation has bestowed a wealth of grants, which in turn have produced countless benefits in and out of the classroom.
- The Foundation is likewise committed to recognizing staff excellence and service. In 2021, the Foundation Board gifted every District employee with a branded gel pen and a card thanking them for their service and commitment during the pandemic year.
- The Foundation also serves as a vehicle for the facilitation of scholarships as a catalyst to equalize educational opportunities for Pueblo’s children. One of these scholarships was set up to honor former District Superintendent Dr. Edmund Vallejo, who founded the Foundation.
- This important and life-changing work, however, can only be accomplished through the financial support of the educators the Foundation was formed to assist, private citizens, and the business community.
- Fortunately, there are a number of avenues by which you can support the noble work of the Foundation.
- Employees of the District can opt into a payroll deduction program in which a designated amount can be transferred to the Foundation each month.
- Online Giving: This enables benefactors outside of the District to contribute to the Foundation in a convenient and secure fashion.
- Memorial Gifts: There are few better ways to honor the memory of a loved one than to support the work of producing this community and the world’s next generation of leaders.
- Matching Gifts: Many employers and companies sponsor matching gift programs, which can double the power of your charitable donation. Contact your company’s human resource department to see if a matching gift policy is in place.